Beginnings (July 15, 2006)

There is so much to share, I hardly know where to start. Over a week ago, I left PA. Some highlights of the NY trip include a small playground with my nephews, a long trip to Target, time in Central Park seeing old friends and meeting their special someone, Air mattresses, Long Island pizza, and the smell of the bay.
Tuesday, I got into Seattle. Thuha hosted Holly and me as we unpackes, sorted, eliminated and repacked all our belongings. The bento platter at Musashi Sushi was off the hook, and thank goodness she recommended we buy chocolate chips at Trader Joes!
Yesterday morning, I sat beside Turquoise lake (North of Cache Creek, BC if you want to look it up), looking at the gray-orange rock face across the way. The face was right on the water, and then about 15 meters up, it was covered in moss, and the pine ascended its slopes to the ridgeline.
"Good Morning, Earth," my heart said, and I waited. I thought about how long the earth has been around and how it never sleeps, and is always ready to greet the children who venture to acknowledge it. For a time we just were, two entities enjoying and saluting each other. I was struck by the moment of being together; there was no active communication, and yet there was something good.
It made me think of how sometimes I really want actively communication with God--speak to me, send me a message, something, anything. In that anxiety, I miss just being (being myself, that is) and miss being with the Other. Maybe in this time, I will learn more communication skills, that before and beyond words. Skills are always good to have, but then again, maybe this is about something other than skills (ability and action).
What do you think?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home