I really am at L'Abri
I know the last two posts were about California, but they were catching up from earlier this month. Today we had a day off from our work-study (heavily laced with mucha comida) routine. The four other girls and I went into town for hot chocolate at the Artisan Square Chocolatier's. Que rico! Then Maggie, Laura and I pulled up our hoods and stepped off to the "garden." It was actually a gravel trail, lined with cedars and pines and covered with giant maple (? I don't know, but we're in Canada) leaves. The leaves were so big!! I scuffed my feet to kick them up, but the rain weighted them and they stuck in slippery clumps. When we got to the salmon ladder, there were slippery glacier-scarred rocks, and little elven pools with maple-leaf boats. Through the mist we could see Horseshoe Bay and some unknown mountain. As water dripped off my nose, Maggie sang about "Paddlin' Madeline" and Laura snapped her fingers in time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home